Answer to Question #11358 in Biochemistry for Joe
Example: when adrenaline gets increased the heart beats faster.....
Thank you so much for your time and I greatly appreciate your input with my research assignment!
medication produces effects such as increased heart rate and blood pressure.
2. Serotonin serves as a vasoconstrictor and helps to regulate hemostasis and blood clotting, also as a neurotransmitter.
3. Phenylethylamine functions as a neuromodulator or neurotrasmitter in the mammalian central nervous system.
4. An increase in norepinephrine from the sympathetic nervous system increases the
rate of contractions. It underlies the fight-or-flight response, directly increasing heart rate, triggering the release of glucose from energy stores, and increasing blood flow to skeletal muscle. It increases the brain's oxygen supply.
5. Oxytocin causing milk to be 'let down' into subareolar sinuses, from where it can be excreted via the nipple. It causes contractions during the
second and third stages of labor.
6. Vasopressin is responsible for increasing water absorption in the collecting ducts of the
kidney nephron. Vasopressin increases water permeability of kidney collecting duct.
7. Endorphins have the abilities to produce analgesia and a feeling of well-being.
Need a fast expert's response?Submit order
and get a quick answer at the best price
for any assignment or question with DETAILED EXPLANATIONS!