Answer to Question #10658 in Microbiology for Raquel Smedley
The role of the salt ingredient in making yeast bread:
1) Natural Bread flavour is enhanced.
2) Acts on protein to strengthen the gluten chain.
3) Reduces gassing rate and hence can be used to control yeast activity.
4) Desired degree of saltiness can be achieved.
5) Improves crust colour, crumb structure and shelf life.
Need a fast expert's response?Submit order
and get a quick answer at the best price
for any assignment or question with DETAILED EXPLANATIONS!