1. How much heat is released when 9.22 grams of glucose C6H12O6 reacts according to the following equation?
C6H12O6 + 6O2 --> 6CO2 + 6H2O ∆H = -2803 kJ
2. How much heat is absorbed during photosynthesis when 9.22 grams of glucose C6H12O6 is produced?
6CO2 + 6H2O --> C6H12O6 + 6O2 ∆H = +2803 kJ
3. How much heat is released when 147 grams of NO2(g) is dissolved in excess water?
3NO2 + H2O --> 2HNO3 + NO ∆H = - 138 kJ
4. Calculate the heat released when 74.6 grams of SO2 reacts according to the following equation.
2SO2 + O2 --> 2SO3 ∆H = -99.1 k
1) -2803 kJ heat released when reacts 180gr/mol glucose, here is reacting 9.22 gr glucose so
∆H= 9.22 gr*(-2803 kJ)/180 gr/mol=-143.57kJ
2) -2803 kJ heat absorbed when produced 180gr/mol glucose, here is producting 9.22 gr glucose so
∆H= 9.22 gr*(+2803 kJ)/180 gr/mol=+143.57kJ