Biology is the science that studies living organisms and interactions between them. Biology finds an explanation to lots of vital processes such as growth, reproduction and aging, functioning of organs and organisms in general. It studies an evolution and distribution of all living organisms and classifies them.& The term was suggested by two scientists separately: J. B. Lamarck and G. R. Treviranus in 1800.
Biology divides all living into 5 levels:
1. Cellular, subcellular and molecular : cells and intracellular structures
2. Tissular and organismal: cells compose tissues in multicellular organisms
3. Population level: individuals of same species inhabiting the same areal form a population
4. Specific: similar individuals that crossbreed and occupy certain areal form biological species
5. Holocoenotic and biospheric: ecosystems form on homogeneous areas and make biosphere
Different fields of biology found representations in separate disciplines which group traditionally by types of investigated organisms: botany (plants), zoology (animals), microbiology (unicellular organisms). Biology is also divided according to methods applied: biochemistry studies chemical basis of life, molecular biology studies complex interactions between biological molecules, physiology studies physical and chemical functions of organs and tissues and so on.