what are the characteristics that distinguish optical fiber from twisted pair or coaxial cable?
Thefollowing characteristics distinguish optical fiber from twisted pair or coaxial cable:
1. Greater capacity: thepotential bandwidth, and hence data rate, of optical fiber is immense; data rates of 2 Gbps over tens of kilometers have been demonstrated.
2. Smaller size and lighterweight: optical fibers are considerably thinner than coaxial cable or bundled twisted-pair cable-at least an order of magnitude thinner for comparable information-transmission capacity.
3. Lower attenuation: attenuationis significantly lower for optical fiber than for coaxial cable or twisted pair and is constant over a wide range.
4. Electromagnetic isolation: opticalfiber systems are not affected by external electromagnetic fields. Thus, the system is not vulnerable to interference, impulse noise, or crosstalk.
5. Greater repeater spacing: Fewerrepeaters means lower cost and fewer sources of error. The performance of optical fiber systems from this point of view has been steadily improving.
The moment you’ve entered the education system is the moment you start to realize that, although studying is extremely important,…
APPROVED BY CLIENTS
I recommend this website for everyone, they have very good experts that work with you. the customer service agents are very nice and respectful, when they promise to deliver on time, the actually deliver before the due date. You can trust them on that. I live guys so much, you always got my back, thank you.