The difference between the second and fourth generation computer is listed below -
2ng generation computers:
- In this computer we were using the discrete transistors.
- We were using logic circuits comprising thermionic valves.
- It uses lots of power and energy wasted in the heat and it takes lots of space for the data storage.
4th generation computers:
- In this we were using microprocessors.
- It have the logic circuit made of LSI integrated circuit.
- It uses less power and generates less heat.
Advantage of 4th generation computers:
- It is much smaller in size and much reliable than other generation computers.
- Generally no cooling system is required in most of the cases.