Answer to Question #21878 in Action Script | Flash | Flex | ColdFusion for Anthony
1. Hercule Poirot, the Belgian celebrated detective, the protagonist of many novels written by Agatha Christie.
2. Captain Arthur Hastings, usually assisted by Hercule Poirot in finding the criminals. &
3. James Harold Japp, Detective Chief Inspector.
4. Doctor Thompson who investigates the mysterious ABC criminal’s profile.
5. Alice Ascher – ABC’s first victim.
6. Franz Ascher – Alice’s husband suspected of murdering his wife.
7. Elizabeth Barnard – ABC’s second victim.
8. Sir Carmichael Clarke – ABC’s third victim.
9. George Earlsfield – ABC’s fourth victim.
10. Alexander Bonaparte Cust, a travelling salesman, the key suspect but not the murderer.
One of the major symbols encompassing the entire novel is the author’s playing with different meanings of ABC. In this manner, Agatha Christie creates a paradox and intricate puns. ABC in the title is likely to suggest a story of the basic, “conventional” kind of murder. Instead, the murderer who uses these letters as his nickname commits highly sophisticated crimes, merely to implement his maniac idea of victims’ names and places of residence matching the alphabetic pattern.
Need a fast expert's response?Submit order
and get a quick answer at the best price
for any assignment or question with DETAILED EXPLANATIONS!