Answer to Question #18193 in Mechanics | Relativity for Janice
A baseball of mass 0.143kg is thrown at a speed of 68m/s.
1. What is the kinetic energy of the baseball?
2. If the ball is released from a height of 2.5m, what is it's potential energy?
3. What is the ball's total energy?
4. If the batter hits the ball with a speed if 61m/s, what is the ball's kinetic energy at the time of impact?
5. If the ball was hit at a height of 0.6m, what is the ball's potential energy at the time of impact?
6. What is the ball's total energy at the time of impact?
Bonus: How much energy did the bat transmit to the ball? (Note: if the bat gave energy to the ball, then this is a positive number. If the bat absorbed energy from the ball, then this is a negative number.)