Answer to Question #8677 in Abstract Algebra for erika
of the golf ball (from the bottom of the ball) before the ﬁrst person drops it. The ball should be
dropped from an initial height of 12 inches. A spotter should estimate the bounce height of the golf
ball. Repeat this process three times for the drop height of 12 inches, then compute the average of
the three bounce heights. Next, ﬁnd the average bounce heights of the golf ball for initial heights of
24 inches, 36 inches, 48 inches, 60 inches, and 72 inches. i got that but is asking to do all this...Let B be the bounce height (in inches) after it was dropped from an initial height of H inches.
Use a graphing calculator to draw a scattergram of the golf ball data. Draw a sketch of the
scattergram on graph paper.
3. Find an equation of a linear model to describe the situation. Write your equation with the
function name f. Round constants in your equation to two decimal places.
4. Find the B-intercept of your model. What does it mean in this situation? If you can ﬁnd a
linear model with a more reasonable B-intercept that still ﬁts the data well, do so.
5. Use a graphing calculator to draw a graph of your model and the scattergram in the same
viewing window. Also, graph the model on your scattergram by hand. How well does f model
6. Use your model to estimate the bounce height for a drop height of 80 inches.
7. On a golf course, a golf ball is hit to a maximum height of 50 feet. What does your model
estimate the bounce height to be after one bounce? Do you think this estimate is accurate? If
not, will it be an underestimate or an overestimate? Explain.
8. Find the slope of your model. What does the slope mean in this situation? Explain.
9. Estimate the bounce height after three bounces for a drop height of 90 inches.
Unfortunately, your question requires a lot of work and cannot be done for free.
Submit it with all requirements as an assignment to our control panel and we'll assist you.
Need a fast expert's response?Submit order
and get a quick answer at the best price
for any assignment or question with DETAILED EXPLANATIONS!