Which one of the following statements regarding the development of Roman law is correct?
(1) During the republican period, the king of Rome was the supreme judge and he made the law.
(2) The Statute of Citation codified the praetorian edicts and was promulgated during the period of the Principate.
(3) The post-classical era was characterised by the decline of classical Roman science.
(4) During the later years of the Monarchy, the jurists developed into a separate group that gave free legal advice to the public
3) The post-classical era was characterised by the decline of classical Roman science.