12 Which one of the following statements about international migration is false?
(1) International migration is increasing as the economic disparities between wealthy and
poor regions are growing.
2) At a global scale, Asia has -a net in-migration, while Europe has a net out-migration.
(3) A large percentage of international migrants are workers looking for jobs, who
therefore seek countries with growing economies.
(4) A combination of push and pull factors influence migration decisions.
(5) In recent decades, better communications technologies have accelerated migration
due to economic reasons.
The global cultural mosaic
13. A lingua franca such as English achieved widespread distribution through ... diffusion,
driven mainly by migration and conquests.