• The car will be travelling around a bend of fixed radius: (50m / 100m / 200m / 500m)
• Car mass is 620kg.
• Centre of gravity is 2/3 rds of the way back horizontally between the wheels, and 1/3 rd of the height vertically up from the ground.
• Maximum width of car = 1.8 m (as defined by F1 regulations)
• Maximum height = 0.95 m
Coefficient of friction between the tyres and the road:
• Intermediate tyres in the dry: 0.7
• Intermediate tyres in the wet: 0.4
• Slicks in the dry: 0.9
• Slicks in the wet: 0.1
Calculate the new maximum speed for each bend radius, for each of the four tyre conditions.