2. Explain different problems that may affect the performance of a hydraulic braking system with drum brakes. What causes a vehicle to turn to a side on the application of brake?
problems that may affect the performance of a hydraulic braking system with a drum:
1) Vehicle pulling Spongy brake pedal Dash-light warning.
2) If your vehicle shows low brake fluid symptoms ---it will lead to worn disc brake pads or leak in the brake system.
3) The brake pulling to one side always caused by a problematic front brake. But except for it, there are some other issues which can cause this problem.
4) Brake dragging always increase fuel consumption and constant dragging lead to worn out brake or improper braking.
5) The brake grabbing problem happens due to the continuous build-up of oil, grease, and brake fluid in the brake linings.
6) This problem happens due to the warped brake rotor or worn-out wheel bearings.
7) But if any pad mounting parts are missing, then make sure to replace them at the time of service.
8) This problem happens due to worn out master cylinder or leaks in hydraulic system and it can be dangerous if not fixed in time