velocity compounded impulse wheel has two rows of moving blades with a mean diameter of 711.2 mm. The speed of rotation is 3000rpm, the nozzle angle is and the estimated steam velocity at the nozzle outlet is 554.73m/s. The mass flow rate of the steam passing through the blades is 5.07 kg/s.
Assuming that the energy loss in each row of blades (moving and fixed) is 24% of the kinetic energy of the steam entering the blades and referred to as the relative velocity, and that the outlet angles of the blades are:
(1) first row of moving blades ,
(2) intermediate guide blade ,
(3) second row of moving blades is , draw the diagram of relative velocities and derive the following.
• Blade inlet angles
• Power developed in each row of blades
• Efficiency of the wheel as a whole
Dear Vetri Vel, your question requires a lot of work, which neither of our experts is ready to perform for free. We advise you to convert it to a fully qualified order and we will try to help you. Please click the link below to proceed: Submit order