Answer to Question #121349 in Civil and Environmental Engineering for Goodie
Discuss the relevance of irrigation to agricultural development.
- Due to insufficient rain which causes drought and famine, irrigation can play a protective role during this spell.
- Through irrigation it is possible to supply the required amount of hydrogen and oxygen which is essential for the proper development of plant root
- Irrigation contributes to the economic growth and poverty reduction as people employed to supply irrigation earn income hence increases production
- Proper irrigation systems can secure uninterrupted agriculture which is caused by irregular, insufficient or certain rain
- Since seeds can not grow in dry soil and germinate as they require moisture, germination can be ensured through the help of irrigation supply
Learn more about our help with Assignments: Engineering