1. What 3 main areas does the Operations Department deal with?
It is responsible for the:
1) technical operations of registration and development of optimal schemes account sales;
2) clerical functions related to the clearance, settlement, and execution of trades and internal accounting;
3) keeping customer records.
2. Name and describe the 3 quality standards of a product.
1) Standart of specification. It sets out detailed requirements, to be satisfied by a product, material, process, service or system, and the procedures for checking conformity to these requirements.
2) Standart of method. It gives a complete account of the way in which a producing of a product is performed and, where appropriate, of the equipment or tools required to perform it.
3) Standart of Health & Safety. This standart includes food labelling and weights and measures, which aim to ensure that the product is as described, contains the correct quantity, and to include correct information about ingredients. This is especially important in areas such as catering, food, health and electrical products and for any product that might pose risks to users if the quality was poor.
3. Why do firms use quality standards?
Quality standards set mandatory requirements for the life protection, health and property rights, protection of animals, plants, the environment, safety of products, processes or services, the prevention of misleading on purpose and security products, eliminate threats to national security. Standards allow a firms to attract and assure customers, develop and maintain best practice, demonstrate market leadership and create competitive advantage. That’s why implementation of standards facilitates installation the quality of products with common generic features and an unified product in firm’s contracts. Standards are the instruments of the quality control of products so that a desirable level of quality is achieved and maintained. That’s why firm’s client and partners have more reasons to deal with it, because adherence to standards confirms reliability of the company.