Answer to Question #56826 in Other Economics for George
1. The global economy generates the bulk of demand, either through imports of raw materials or trade in finished products.
2. Raw materials available: some raw materials such as agricultural products, are subject to seasonal fluctuations. Raw materials trading is significantly affected by overall demand and availability.
3. Average haul - the distance traveled by a ship before it reaches its final destination.
4. Random shocks that affect the stability of the economic system, for example natural disasters, wars, economic crises.
5. Transport costs are still comparatively high, raw materials can be transported with the acceptable level of transporting costs.
Need a fast expert's response?Submit order
and get a quick answer at the best price
for any assignment or question with DETAILED EXPLANATIONS!