61 864
Assignments Done
98,1%
Successfully Done
In May 2018

Answer to Question #32357 in Physical Chemistry for dora

Question #32357
what is the difference of labsa linear alkyl benzene sulfonate powder and labsa linear alkyl benzene sulfonate liquid?
Expert's answer
LABS- Linear alkyl benzene sulfonate, a salt of a linear alkylbenzenesulfonic acid (LABSA), used as an anionic surfactant: for example, sodium dodecylbenzenesulfonate.

Most of LAS European consumption is in household detergents (>80%). Important application products are laundry powders, laundry liquids, dishwashing products and all purpose cleaners. The remainder of the LAS (<20%) is used in Industrial and Institutional (I&I) cleaners, textile processing as wetting, dispersing and cleaning agents, industrial processes as emulsifiers, polymerization and in the formulation of crop protection agents.

Linear alkyl benzene sulfonate powder, which is not only easy to use and handle because of its powdery form, but also ensures better compatibility with the involved production procedures, ensuring production of a high quality detergent end product. Linear alkyl benzene sulfonate liquid has high action of detergency, moistening, foaming, emulsion. Industrial applications of wetting agent, emulsifier for agricultural herbicides and in polymerization.

Need a fast expert's response?

Submit order

and get a quick answer at the best price

for any assignment or question with DETAILED EXPLANATIONS!

Comments

No comments. Be first!

Leave a comment

Ask Your question

Submit
Privacy policy Terms and Conditions