Answer to Question #47388 in Other Chemistry for alba
Fe(s) + 2 HCl(aq) FeCl2(aq) + H2(g)
What mass of H2(g) is produced from the reaction of 5.2 g Fe(s) with excess hydrochloric acid?
2. The reaction of coal and water at a high temperature produces a mixture of hydrogen and carbon monoxide gases. This mixture is known as synthesis gas (or syngas). What mass of carbon monoxide can be formed from the reaction of 71.3 g of carbon with excess water?
C(s) + H2O(g) H2(g) + CO(g)
3. When strongly heated, boric acid breaks down to boric oxide and water. What mass of boric oxide is formed from the decomposition of 10.0 g B(OH)3?
2 B(OH)3(s) B2O3(s) + 3 H2O(g)
4. If the complete combustion of an unknown mass of ethylene produces 16.0 g CO2, what mass of ethylene is combusted?
C2H4(g) + 3 O2(g) 2 CO2(g) + 2 H2O(g)
5. The compound P4S3 is used in matches. It reacts with oxygen to produce P4O10 and SO2. The unbalanced chemical equation is shown below.
P4S3(s) + O2(g) P4O10(s) + SO2(g)
What mass of SO2 is produced from the combustion of 0.331 g P4S3?
6. What mass of water is produced by the complete combustion of 6.21 grams of hexane, C6H14?
7. Hydrogen peroxide decomposes into oxygen and water. What mass of oxygen is formed from the decomposition of 125 g of H2O2?
8. How many moles of lithium fluoride can be produced from the reaction of 1.73 moles of lithium with 1.58 moles of fluorine gas?
2 Li(s) + F2(g) 2 LiF(s)
9. How many moles of Cu2O(s) can be produced from the reaction of 0.66 mol Cu(s) with 0.40 mol O2(g)?
10. Nitric oxide is made from the oxidation of ammonia. What mass of nitric oxide can be made from the reaction of 8.00 g NH3 with 17.0 g O2?
4 NH3(g) + 5 O2(g) 4 NO(g) + 6 H2O(g)
11. If 5.00 g Br2 and 3.00 g NH3 react according to the equation below, what is the maximum mass of ammonium bromide produced?
3 Br2() + 8 NH3(g) 6 NH4Br(s) + N2(g)
12. What mass of iron can be produced from the reaction of 175 kg Fe2O3 with 385 kg CO?
Fe2O3(s) + 3 CO(g) 2 Fe(s) + 3 CO2(g)
13. Under certain conditions the formation of ammonia from nitrogen and hydrogen has a 9.82% yield. Under these conditions, what mass of NH3 will be produced from the reaction 15.0 g N2 with 2.00 g H2?
N2(g) + 3 H2(g) 2 NH3(g)
14. Sulfur hexafluoride is produced by reacting elemental sulfur with fluorine gas.
S8(s) + 24 F2(g) 8 SF6(g)
What is the percent yield if 18.3 g SF6 is isolated from the reaction of 10.0 g S8 and 30.0 g F2?
15. A mass of 3.051 g of a metal carbonate, MCO3, is heated to drive off carbon dioxide. The remaining metal oxide has a mass of 1.458 g.
MCO3(s) MO(s) + CO2(g)
What is the identity of the metal?
16. A 1.500 g mixture of CaCO3 and CaO is heated. The CaCO3 decomposes to CaO and CO2. What was the mass percentage of CaCO3 in the mixture if the mass after heating is 1.103 g?
17. A 5.00 g sample of an oxide of platinum, when heated in a stream of hydrogen, produces Pt(s) and 0.794 g H2O. What is formula for the compound?
18. A 2.007 g sample of a hydrocarbon is combusted to give 1.389 g of H2O and 6.785 g of CO2. What is the empirical formula of the compound?
19. An unknown hydrocarbon contains carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. Combustion of 1.6000 g of the hydrocarbon produces 1.0286 g H2O and 3.7681 g CO2. What is the empirical formula of the hydrocarbon?
20. Cyclohexane, a hydrocarbon, has an approximate molar mass of 84 g/mole. If the combustion of 0.6000 g cyclohexane produces 0.7709 g H2O and 1.883 g CO2, what is the molecular formula of this compound?
21. If 8.19 g KIO3 is dissolved in enough water to make 500.0 mL of solution, what is the molarity of the potassium iodate solution? The molar mass of KIO3 is 214 g/mol.
22. How many liters of 0.2805 M C6H12O6(aq) contain 1.000 g of C6H12O6?
23. Iron reacts with hydrochloric acid.
Fe(s) + 2 HCl(aq) FeCl2(aq) + H2(g)
What volume of 2.55 M HCl(aq) will react with 35.0 g Fe(s)?
24. PCl3 can be produced from the reaction of P4 with Cl2.
P4(s) + 6 Cl2(g) 4 PCl3(g)
If 1.00 g P4 reacts with 1.00 g Cl2, which reactant is the limiting reactant? What mass of product may be produced?
25. The reaction of 2.75 g N2 with excess H2 produces 1.77 g NH3. The percent yield of this reaction is ______
Need a fast expert's response?Submit order
and get a quick answer at the best price
for any assignment or question with DETAILED EXPLANATIONS!