Answer to Question #31333 in Other Chemistry for king khalil
1) Direct Combination or Synthesis Reaction
In a synthesis reaction two or more reactants form a more complex product.
A + B → AB
2) Chemical Decomposition or Analysis Reaction
In a decomposition reaction a compound is broken into smaller chemical species.
AB → A + B
3) Single Displacement or Substitution Reaction
In single displacement reaction one element has being displaced from a compound by another element.
A + BC → AC + B
4) Metathesis or Double Displacement Reaction
In a double displacement or metathesis reaction two compounds exchange bonds or ions in order to form different compounds.
AB + CD → AD + CB
5) Oxidation-Reduction or Redox Reaction
In a redox reaction the oxidation numbers of atoms are changed. Redox reactions may involve the transfer of electrons between chemical species.
Need a fast expert's response?Submit order
and get a quick answer at the best price
for any assignment or question with DETAILED EXPLANATIONS!