56 257
Assignments Done
98,9%
Successfully Done
In January 2018
Your physics homework can be a real challenge, and the due date can be really close — feel free to use our assistance and get the desired result.
Be sure that math assignments completed by our experts will be error-free and done according to your instructions specified in the submitted order form.
Our experts will gladly share their knowledge and help you with programming homework. Keep up with the world’s newest programming trends.

Answer on Organic Chemistry Question for yashas gwd

Question #25375
All alkalies are said to have a bitter taste. But Mucous and Saliva being called Alkalies are salty. why?
Expert's answer
Mucus consists of mucin, water, cells, and inorganic salts and is secreted as a protective lubricant coating by cells and glands of the mucous membranes.Human saliva is composed of 99.5% water, while the other 0.5% consists of electrolytes, mucus, glycoproteins, enzymes, and antibacterial compounds.The causes of salty taste of Mucus and Saliva is presence not only alkali components, but also some salt . Sodium chloride is in the largest number usually.

Need a fast expert's response?

Submit order

and get a quick answer at the best price

for any assignment or question with DETAILED EXPLANATIONS!

Comments

No comments. Be first!

Leave a comment

Ask Your question