THE REACTIONS OF METAL WITH ACIDS LAB: Aluminium (powder), manganese, lead, iron, zinc, copper and tin are reacted with both hydrochloric acid and sulphuric acid (H2SO4) and then used a wooden splint to light the inside of the test tube reaction.
1a) Was a gas produced in each case?
b) List the metals for which a gas was produced
c) Identify the gas produced, when the flaming splint test was positive.
2) What is the source of gas??
3) Write a balanced chemical equations for all of the reactions in which metal was observed to react.
4) Compare the reactions involving hydrochloric acid with those involving sulphuric acid.
5) Rank( calcium, sodium, potassium, and the 8 from this lab) plus hydrogen in order of decreasing reactivity! ....hint, activity series
6) Suggest a possible explanation why some metals react vigorously with acid or water while other metals do not appear to react at all.
PLEASE HELP WITH AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
Unfortunately, your question requires a lot of work and cannot be done for free. Submit it with all requirements as an assignment to our control panel and we'll assist you.