Answer to Question #55309 in General Chemistry for Lia
There are some differences between crystalline and amorphous structure:
1. Characteristic geometry. Crystalline solids have regular geometry, amorphous solids do not have regular arrangement of particles.
2. Melting points. Amorphous solids unlike crystalline don`t have particular melting points.
3. Isotropy and anisotropy. Crystalline solids are anisotropic and amorphous are isotropic.
4. Amorphous solid are less rigid.
5. Amorphous solids are always unsymmetrical unlike crystalline solid.
Need a fast expert's response?Submit order
and get a quick answer at the best price
for any assignment or question with DETAILED EXPLANATIONS!