As a chemical engineer you need to pump the products without affecting products properties.
Because the flow properties will affect the fluid properties of the products like density and
viscosity. Pumping without destroying product integrity is as important as the heat
exchanger that comes after the pump. The piston pumps can handle very delicate and
viscous food stuffs and can pump up to very high pressure without damaging the food
particles. It can also be applied very successfully in heavy duty applications for industries
other than the food industry.
Answer the following
Does not break the product
Delivers high flow rates (up to 20 m 3 /hr)
Allows high pressure drop (20 bar)
Can work under vacuum
(1) Rotary positive pump does not break the product.
(2) Rotary positive pump delivers high flow rates upto 20 m3/h.
(3) centrifugal pump allows high pressure drop.
(4) centrifugal pump can work under vaccum.
(5) centrifugal Positive pump are self priming pump.