1. What is the pH of a 0.34 M solution of (weak acid) HF if the Ka = 6.8x10-4
2. If the pH of a weak acid solution is 9.5 and the original concentration of base was 0.30 M
A. what is the pOH?
B. what is the concentration of OH-
C. what is the equilibrium concentration of the base?
D. what is the Kb of the base?
3. Find the pH of a 0.325 M (weak acid) acetic acid solution. Ka = 1.8 x 10-5
4. Find the pH of a 0.056 M (weak acid)propionic acid solution (Ka = 1.4 x 10-5
5. Find the pH of a 0.075 M solution of (weak acid) formic acid. The acid dissociation
constant (Ka) for formic acid is 1.8 x 10-4
6. Find the pH of a 0.15 M solution of (weak base) ammonia, NH3. Kb = 1.8 X 10-5
7. Find the pH of a 0.600 M solution of (weak base) methylamine CH3NH2. Kb = 4.4 x 10–4
8. If the pH of (weak acid) HC3H5O2 is 4.2 and the Ka = 1.34x10-5
A. what is the equilibrium concentration of HC3H5O2?
B. what was the initial concentration of HC3H5O before dissociation?
2) A. This is a measure of the acidity of the ionic OH-
B. pH>7 (since this is the foundation)
С. The equilibrium concentration is equal to the product of the concentration and the amount of the base substance