Assignment 1, Mark: (10 %)
1. If 2g of NaCO3 dissolved in 1000ml of water, what is the normality of the solution?
2. How many equivalents of phosphoric acid are contained in 300 mL of 4.00 M phosphoric acid (Mwt = 98 g/mol)? (Assume the acid is to be completely neutralized by a base.)
3. What is the pH after 20.0 mL of 0.010 M HCl is added to A buffer that contains both 0.250 M HF and 0.500 M NaF?
4. Calculate the pH of the solution, when 50.0 ml of 0.5 M HNO2 (Ka = 4.0x10-4) mixed with 25.0 ml of 1.0 M KOH solution.
5. If 50 ml of 0.5M HCl solution titrated with 60 ml of 0.2 M of NaOH, what would be the pH of the final solution?
1.) Normality = Molarity n-Factor
3.) In this question we can use and in the other parts also.
4.) We can use the formula,