Part A: Lab Simulation:
- Submit your observations from watching the video clips in the Properties of Acids and Bases Lab Simulation at the beginning of the lesson.
Part B: Questions:
- How are acids and bases different?
- How are acids and bases the same?
- What test could you use to tell the difference between an acid, base, and water?
- Which procedure provided evidence of the ability of acids and bases to cancel out each other's properties?
- If acids are present in citrus juices, and bases are present in soaps, which do you think has a bitter taste and which a sour taste?
- Which would you be more hesitant to pour down the drain? Explain.
- Which is more corrosive to human skin: hydrochloric acid or sodium hydroxide?