will equilibrium shift to the left, to the right, or not at all? EXPLAIN
C2H2Cl (s) + HCl (g) ⇌ C2H6 (g) + Cl2 (g) ΔH° = 251 kJ/mol
- Some C2H2Cl(s) is added.
- The temperature is increased.
- The container is compressed.
- Some Cl2 (g) is added.
2. When heated, hydrogen sulfide gas decomposes according to the equation below. A 4.30-g sample of H2S (g) is introduced into an evacuated rigid 275-L container. The sealed container is heated to 583 K, and 3.72 x 10-2 mol of S2 (g) is present at equilibrium.
2 H2S (g) ⇌ 2 H2 (g) + S2 (g)
- Write the expression for the equilibrium constant, Kc, for the decomposition reaction represented above.
- Calculate the equilibrium concentration, in mol L-1, of the following gases in the container at 583 K. (2 pts each)
- H2 (g) , H2S(g)
- Calculate the value of the equilibrium constant, Kc, for the decomposition reaction at 583 K. (2 pts)
- For the reaction: H2 (g) + ½ S2 (g) ⇌ H2S (g) at 583 K, calculate the value of the equilibrium constant, Kc’. (2 pts)