Answer to Question #81823 in Other Biology for sam
The positive effects of bush burnings include:
- elimination of pests (i.e., larvae of insects) that live in the ground and may damage the roots of crops;
- production of simple inorganic carbon and nitrogen compounds that possess high bioavailability and can be used by microorganisms and plants more rapidly;
- elimination of grasses and weeds, as well as their roots (deterioration of vegetation);
- cheap and effective clearing of farmlands;
- stimulation of seeds growth.