Lesson 5 Review Questions
Directions: Answer each of the following questions.
1. Describe binary fission.
2. What is mitosis?
3. Identify the phases of the eukaryotic cell cycle.
4. What happens during interphase?
5. Define cancer.
6. What are chromosomes? When do they form?
7. Identify the chromatids and the centromere of a chromosome.
8. List the phases of mitosis.
9. What happens during the prophase of mitosis?
10. During which phase of mitosis do sister chromatids separate?
11. Describe what happens during cytokinesis in animal cells.
12. What are the three types of asexual reproduction?
13. Define gamete and zygote. What number of chromosomes does each have?
14. What happens during fertilization?
15. Outline the phases of meiosis.