1) Deforestation results in an increase of greenhouse gases because fewer trees means
less carbon dioxide is released into the atmosphere.
less carbon dioxide is removed from the atmosphere.
less glucose is released into the atmosphere.
less oxygen is removed from the atmosphere.
2) As Earth'stemperatures warm, Arctic ice is melting. What is the long-term result of this process?
Animals have more places to live.
Water levels go down.
Water levels rise and cover coastal lands.
There is no change.
3) If a forest fire destroyed a deciduous forest, what long-term effects might the forest ecosystem experience?
The ecosystem would be lifeless because animals would not relocate into this ecosystem.
Large mammals and snakes would be the dominant animal populations relocating into this ecosystem.
Weeds and grasses would begin to grow and the ecosystem would be restored over time.
Fast-growing plants would be the only plants would the ability to survive in this forest.
4) A pond that suddenly has an increased growth in algae probably was polluted by —
people dumping waste oil in the pond.
a diseased animal.
an increase in chromosomes.
people over-fertilizing their lawns nearby.
5) The series of changes that occurs in an area where no soil or organisms exist is called —
6) This diagram is of succession from field to forest. You may not see all of the aspects of each stage in the diagram.
(The image address)
There is A,B, C, D, E. Pick which of the following should go in each place.
1) Less carbon dioxide is removed from the atmosphere.
2) Water levels rise and cover coastal lands.
3) Weeds and grasses would begin to grow and the ecosystem would be restored over time.
4) People over-fertilizing their lawns nearby.
5) Primary succession.
6) A - lichen, B - wild Flowers, C - shrubs, D - pine trees, E - oak trees.