1. AUTORADIOGRAPHY - X-ray method used to investigate the presence of radioactive substances in the particular object
2. CODON – three nucleotide residues (triplets) in DNA or RNA, usually encoding the inclusion of one amino acid
3. RESOLVING POWER OF A MICROSCOPE - characteristic of the microscope to show separately the image of two, near placed, bright points of the object
4. PERMEABILITY COEFFICIENT - quantitative characteristic of the ability of a particular substance to penetrate the membrane. It is similar to diffusion coefficient (D), but depends not only on the nature of the substance and temperature, but also on the properties of the membrane.
5. NUCLEOTIDE - structural component of nucleic acids, each nucleotide includes a nitrogenous base, five-carbon sugar (ribose or deoxyribose) and a phosphoric acid residue.