Answer to Question #67460 in Cell Biology for kat
It includes system of ducts (epididymis, ductus deferens, ejaculatory ducts, urethra), Accessory Sex Glands (seminal vesicles, prostate, bulbourethral glands) and Several Supporting Structures (scrotum - supports testes, penis - delivers sperm into female reproductive tract).
It performs such functions: transports and stores sperm; assists in maturation of sperm, conveys it to the exterior.
Produced semen inclused sperm plus secretion and is provided by accessory glands.
Female reproduction system includes the following organs: ovaries, uterine (fallopian) tubes, uterus, vagina, vulva, mammary glands.
Each of them perform the following functions:
1) The ovaries produce:
- secondary oocytes;
- hormones, including progesterone and estrogens (female sex hormones), inhibin, relaxin.
2) The uterine tubes transport:
- a secondary oocyte to the uterus;
- normally are the sites where fertilization occurs;
3) The uterus is the site of:
- implantation of fertilized ovum;
- development of fetus during pregnancy and labor;
4) The vagina:
- receives the penis during sexual intercourse;
- is a passageway for childbirth.
5) The mammary glands:
- eject milk for nourishment of the newborn.
Need a fast expert's response?Submit order
and get a quick answer at the best price
for any assignment or question with DETAILED EXPLANATIONS!