3.1.1 Duties of learning support educator (LSE)
- Collaborating and supporting class teachers and other colleague teachers to ensure that the needs of all pupils are catered for.
- assisting in the preparing of education material and participating in all educational and instructional processes with the class teacher.
- Promoting an inclusive community of learners
- Assisting class teachers in preparing of Individual Educational Programme(IEP) and attending Individual Transition Plan(ITP) meetings
- Fully Participation in Making Action Plans sessions (MAPs)
3.1.2 Duties of institutional -level support team (ILST)
- Putting together proper coordinated learner and educator support services
- Provision of appropriate learning and teaching process
- Keeping parents of the learner updated of decisions taken to support the learner.
3.1.3 Duties of District-based support team (DBST)
- Setting accountability standards
- Diagnosing of needs, compliance and achievements.
- Shaping the direction and development of the schools.
- Provision of focused support to Education stakeholders.
- Supporting schools, parents and the community in organising appropriate support for all learners including those with special needs.