Answer to Question #125197 in Sociology for Abdul Razak
What are the reasons for colonialism being the cause of the change in social structure of Ghana?
- Missionaries came to Ghana to spread Christianity and stop Islam
- Role of influential individuals in Europe who encouraged building of empires overseas led to colonization of Ghana
- Rise of racism and paternalism led to colonisation of Ghana. they believed to be superior than others in terms of color and technological drenches
- Growth of European population led to colonisation of Ghana. the need for outlets to settle the surplus population
- Humanitarian factor/stop slavery
- The discovery of quinine and anti-malaria drugs improve medical facilities made it possible for European to withstand tropical diseases