Explain the main approaches or modern in psychology
The main approaches of psychology are; biological, psycho-dynamic, behavioral, cognitive, and the humanistic approach.
1) Biological psychology looks at psychological issues by studying the physical attributes for animal and human behaviors. It involves studying the immune system, brain, nervous system, and genetics. It looks at human problems and actions
2) Psycho dynamic psychology emphasizes the systematic study of the psychological forces that motivate human behavior, emotions, and feelings and how they could relate to early experiences. A person’s behavior and feelings originate from the unconscious and adult behaviors are greatly connected to their childhood experiences.
3) Behavioral psychology states that behavioral psychology is shaped by the environment. It focuses on altering, improving and altering people's thought processes, beliefs, actions, feelings and behaviors.
4) Cognitive psychology is the scientific study of the mind as a data processor. Cognitive psychologists build up cognitive models of the information processing that goes on inside people's thoughts, including language, perception, memory, attention, thinking, and consciousness.
5) Humanistic psychology emphasizes looking at the person as a whole and their uniqueness. It puts stress on concepts like self-actualization, free will and self-efficacy. It helps people maximize their potential.