Explain the main approaches or modern in psychology
There are different modern psychological approaches in psychology; biological, behavioral, cognitive, humanistic, psychodynamic, sociocultural, evolutionary, and bio-psychosocial.
1. Biological approach- it is based on human behavior solely regarding someone’s biological processes. There are major causes of how people think and behave in a biological view are out hormones, genetics, and neurotransmitters.
2. Behavioral approach- it is based on observable behaviors and actions
3. Cognitive approach- it is based on cognitive processes. It deals with how an individual perceives and interprets different occurrences.
4. Humanistic approach- the perspective states that, for an individual to reach his/her full potential, he or she needs to gain five steps of needs.
5. Psychodynamic approach- it is based on how the past affects an individual’s psychological state.
6. Sociocultural approach- it looks at how an individual’s behavior is influenced by his/her culture.
7. Evolutionary approach- the approach is based on the theory of natural selection. It talks of how individual’s thoughts and behaviors are based on what would give them the best survival chance.