1. REM denotes rapid eye movement. Eyes move quickly in different directions during REM sleep.
2. During REM sleep, the brain becomes very active. Time spent in REM changes as one gets older. People have active dreams REM sleep.
3. Manifest content is the part of the dream that people remember, while latent content represents hidden dreams. Additionally, latent content is symbolic,while the manifest content is non-symbic.
4. Activation: dreams are created by changes in neuron activity that activates the brain stem during REM sleep.
Synthesis: The brain synthesizes and interprets internal activity and create meaning from dreams.
9. Hypnosis is used for pain relief: true.
10. Hypnosis is used to stop smoking: true.
11. Under hypnosis you can follow orders to hurt yourself or others: false.