The definition of communication is numerous based on the perspective through which various communication scholars and professionals approach it. Few among the definitions, culled from Macbride Commision Report are:
- It is the process of sharing symbolic meanings with others
- It is a process which increases commonality or what is shared between participants
- It is constantly changing, dynamic function involving exchange of meaning and interaction
- It is a behavioural situation in which a source transmits a message to a receiver with conscious intention to affect the latter‘s behaviour
- It is a process which enables us to become an affecting agent; to affect others, our physical environment and ourselves to become a determining agent.