Answer to Question #223354 in Political Science for Sara
Explain with examples how far ethics is essential to the success or failure of a country's public administration
- Establish justice: Encourages justice that is fair and equitable (e.g., fair sentencing practices).
- Ensure peace among the people and the states: Allows for the federal government to smooth tensions between states as equitably and objectively as possible.
- Provide for the common defense: Ensures that the protection of the United States does not come at a great moral cost (e.g., concentration camps during times of war).
- Promote the general welfare of the public: Ensures the government does its due diligence in balancing values of equity and efficiency in delivering public welfare programs.
- Secure the blessing of liberty for all now, and for future generations: Ensures the public’s liberties and rights are not infringed upon by other individuals, organizations, or government entities.