Answer to Question #86344 in Other Political Science for Arowolo
The definition of communication is numerous based on the perspective through which various communication scholars and professionals approach it. Few among the definitions, culled from Macbride Commision Report are:
- It is the process of sharing symbolic meanings with others
- It is a process which increases commonality or what is shared between participants
- It is constantly changing, dynamic function involving exchange of meaning and interaction
- It is a behavioural situation in which a source transmits a message to a receiver with conscious intention to affect the latter‘s behaviour
- It is a process which enables us to become an affecting agent; to affect others, our physical environment and ourselves to become a determining agent.