If you are going to visit a large supermarket and ovserve shoppers in the personal care or toiletries sectuon buying either toothpaste, soap, or shampoo. What do you observe of their buying behavior and decision making process. Classify specific shopping behaviors with certain population segments such as; men, women, teenage, middle aged, elderly, wealthy, middle class, and etc. And after that, you are going to document and evaluate their observations
Buying behavior is the process and act of people involved in making decisions on what commodity to buy. There are four types of buying behavior. These are; complex buying behavior, habitual buying behavior, dissonance-reducing buying behaviors, and variety-seeking buying behavior.
The following are the factors that influence the buying behavior of a consumer;
2. Economical status
5. Price of the commodity
When I do observation in a supermarket the following are my findings of the buying behaviors of customers on toothpaste, soap, and shampoo;
1. Females bought which are more whitening the teeth than the rest.
2. The old never considered the type of soap, therefore, they never considered the fragrance of the soap.
3. Children chose the toothpaste with cartoons drawn on their packing boxes and those which are colorful.
4The wealthy people bought more expensive commodities.
5. Men had a problem in differentiating between brands, however, they bought commodities they are familiar with.
6. The middle age people bought fashionable shampoos with fragrance.