Watch the video: 20 Min With A Pro- Cybersecurity
For one to be Pro Cybersecurity they require skills and experience and solving technical issues that arise to earn trust and confidence from people. Several skills are recommended for one to be pro cybersecurity which includes;
1. Building and using virtual machines (VMs) - Vms are operating systems that run on top of your existing host OS, which is commonly known as a guest and is managed by a software called the hypervisor. The hypervisor lets one allocate resources like CPU, memory and disk space on their guest. One must get familiarized with the following popular hypervisors; Hyper-V by Microsoft, Virtual box by Oracle, VMware, and KVM. As a pro one should be comfortable working with any platform to maximize the scope of their skills and makes them effective in any situation. Also, VMs gives the ability to research an Isolated environment.
2. Learning a command line- it's commonly referred to as Shell, which is the simplest and arguably the most efficient way to interact with an operating system.
3. System and administration -this involves the configuring and maintaining of computers whether at the personal device or high powered server.
4. Computer networking- one needs to understand how devices interact with each other and how data gets from one point to another to become a network troubleshooter as it is one of the recommended skills.
5. Personal digital security- one needs to stay up to date with the latest security news and best practices since it particularly affects our friends and families.