Watch the video: 20 Min With A Pro- How To Be A Lawyer
How to become a lawyer
· Strong writing power
· Teamwork and client relations
· Be a good researcher and analyze
· Organize and articulate complex ideas.
Tasks that are required;
· Represent clients
· Work with other people involved in the case
· Research/ interpret cases and legislation
Where can a lawyer work?
· Government office
· Law firm
· Private practice
In the U.S. a lawyer makes roughly between $51,000 and $158,000 a year.
· Undergraduate (4years)
· Law school (3years)
§ Bar Association
§ State exam
GPA is very important, you can take any major but art and humanities are better because they give you reading and writing skills.
Top five law school;
i) Yale University
ii) Stanford University
iii) Harvard University
iv) Columbia University
v) University of Chicago
· Intern at a law firm- during summer in law school
· Summer associate
· Make a connection at school and work
· Focus on a firm that meets your interests
· Work hard and be persistent