An example of a company in this case is AT&T.
Market/task environment include factors such as, skilled employees which help the organization to meet its goals, competitors such as Telefonica, and Vodafone
and government policies such as tax rates.
· The human resources function is staffing, which entails recruitment and selection. The human resource manager helps in acquiring effective workforce that can help a firm to actualize its objectives.
· The marketing function is to define and brand a firm's name or products through promotional activities to augment sales on the market.
· Purchasing function is to check lawful terms and conditions of contracts before allowing the firm to engage in a transaction or make payments for the goods and services bought.
· Operations function is to ensure that all the finances allocated have been used for intended purpose in AT&T
The management challenges that AT&T faces include:
· Constant technological fluctuations – Technology is constantly changing as firms continue to position themselves for competition. The changes may be threatening the survival of AT&T
· The issue of contingent workers – it is difficult for the firm to maintain its workers due to labor competition
· Enhancement of quality – quality management is an issue that may lead to the firm’s financial havoc when managed poorly. Therefore, AT&T management need to heighten the quality of the services it offers to keep and attract more clients
· Employee turnover – the management of AT&T has to control the rate at which workers leave their jobs
· Downsizing is also another issue that the management of AT&T need to observe