Answer to Question #39656 in Other Management for waldina
• Calculates and provides staff with annual fringe benefit allowance; reviews enrollment forms for accuracy and
coordinates enrollment with third-party administrator.
• Assures compliance with COBRA guidelines by preparing letters and other paperwork as directed; receives and records
COBRA insurance premium payments.
• Coordinates health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers concerning
routine administration of programs.
Human Resource Function
• Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
• Keeps employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in timely fashion.
• Maintains listing of approved Foundation positions along with assigned salary grade levels.
• Processes personnel action forms and assures proper approvals; disseminates approved forms.
• Maintains budget spreadsheet that includes salaries, payroll taxes and fringe allowances.
• Prepares paperwork required to place employee on payroll and establishes personnel file.
• Assists in hiring process by coordinating job posting on Web site, reviewing resumes, performing telephone
interviews and reference checks.
• Maintains Employee Handbook with updated resolutions and other pertinent information, as needed.
• Troubleshoots telephone and voice mail system; handles minor repairs and coordinates repairs with technicians when required.
• Provides training for new and current employees on communication systems, including telephone and voice mail.
• Supervises receptionist, delegates projects as appropriate, assures coverage of switchboard in receptionist’s absence.
• Oversees special events for staff by coordinating committees and schedules, and staying within budget.
Education and Work Experience
High school diploma or equivalent with some college or technical school coursework preferred and minimum of three (3) years of
job-related experience, preferably in a human resource department,
technical experience, including responsibility for maintaining computer
systems or any equivalent combination of education and experience that
provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Knowledge and Skills
• Extensive knowledge of computer software (Windows 95, 98, XP and Microsoft Office), computer hardware and computer servers.
• Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Excel and Microsoft Word software.
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
• Knowledge of office administration procedures.
• Ability to operate most standard office equipment.
• Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Good to excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills.
• Excellent telephone and oral communication skills.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- See more at: http://www.shrm.org/templatestools/samples/jobdescriptions/pages/cms_010671.aspx#sthash.izSfyyQu.dpuf
Need a fast expert's response?Submit order
and get a quick answer at the best price
for any assignment or question with DETAILED EXPLANATIONS!