I need to answer these questions when watching the video. The video doesn't have a caption so I cannot hear it.
Video link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D3PMfL8eOmFk-Z2m43EpLVb36CCZWPmd/view
1) Where did the US troops move to by June 9th 1944?
2) January 1944: Where did soldiers first practice getting from ship to shore?
3) February 1944: What did the troops do while aboard transport and moving across the Atlantic?
4) March & April 1944: Where did the Allied troops practice for D-Day in the spring? What were they practicing?
5) May 1944: What did Allied planes do while the soldiers were practicing for D-Day?
1.American troops of the 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division, move over the crest of a hill to the interior of Northern France. June 9, 1944. After the first days of intense fighting, Nazi forces were forced back into the interior.
2.erlord was integral to the Allied strategy for victory in World War II, and to ensure it went smoothly, military brass had organized a sweeping dress rehearsal codenamed “Exercise Tiger.” Before they stormed Utah Beach on D-Day, the men of VII Corps would get in a practice run at Slapton Sands.
3.In February 1944, the American merchant ship SS Audacious with its crew of civilian seafarerssailed in a convoy across the North Atlantic, carrying American troops and supplies to England. ... Merchant seamen remained on board while the ship was towed into position and final arrangements were made to scuttle it.
4.Sixty-eight years ago today, the Allies launched a massive dress rehearsal for the invasion of Normandy — the famous D-Day landings that would happen five weeks later. But that rehearsal turned into one of the war's biggest fiascos. It took place on Slapton Sands, a beach in southwestern England.
5.On June 5, 1944, more than 1,000 British bombers drop 5,000 tons of bombs on German gun batteries placed at the Normandy assault area, while 3,000 Allied ships cross the English Channel in preparation for the invasion of Normandy—D-Day.