The internet offers young people amazing opportunities to connect and learn , but it can also expose them to content that is both age and developmentally unsuitable. Discuss five ways in which learners can be protected from accessing inappropriate online material during the use of internet as an educational research tool.
1. Use of parental controls- Popular internet browsers like Mozilla Firefox and Google chrome have parental controls.Guardians can use them to block any. child unfriendly websites.
2. Parents,guardians and teachers should educate learners the importance of keeping personal information private- They should be taught that they should not give their personal details as to where they stay,their names or even where they live to strangers.
3. Guardians should limit the time spent online- When a learner has too much screen time it affects them negatively.Their online time should be limited and they should be encouraged to engage in other physical activities.
4. Teachers should choose the technology and apps that they use wisely- Some non-education tools may disregard privacy settings and can therefore expose a learner's personal information.Somethings in the app store are not always safe.
5. A teacher should use an institution's related email -When communicating to the learners a teacher should avoid the use of personal emails and and also learner's personal emails to ensure internet security.