Directions: The sentences below have dangling modifiers. Rewrite the sentence to make them clear.
6. When she was ninety years old, Mrs. Smith’s granddaughter arranged a surprise party.
7. Admitting my mistake, the argument was settled.
8. While laughing, the chicken bone stuck in her throat.
9. After walking for hours, the car looked wonderful.
10. While watching a classic film, commercials are irritating.
6. When Mrs. Smith was ninety years old, her grand daughter arranged a surprise party for her.
7. The argument was settled when I admitted my mistake.
8. The chicken bone got stuck in her throat while she was laughing.
9. The car looked wonderful after hours of walking.
10. Commercial breaks are irritating while watching a classic film.