What is the main idea of the poem?
- To speak out against immigration
- To show how great America is
- To welcome immigrants to America
- To offer hope to those leaving America
"The New Colossus is inscribed on what famous statue?
- The Effiel Tower
- The Vietnam Memorial
- The Statue of Liberty
- The Washington Monument
The speaker calls the Statue of Liberty the "Mother of Exiles," What is an exile?
- An immigrant
- Someone who has spent years abroad
- An American citizen
- Someone forced from his country
How does the author use personification in the poem?
- Referring to the statue as "her" and "she"
- Having the statue speak
- Saying her eyes command
- All of the above
What is the meaning of "beacon" in the poem?
What name does the poet give to the statue in the poem?
- Mother of New York
- Mother of Immigrant
- Mother of Exiles
- Mother of Liberty
Throughout the poem, what is the light a symbol of?